||[May. 14th, 2009|08:47 am]
So I obviously haven't really updated in a while, I have slowly drifted away from posting my own updates here and pretty much use facebook to update what's been going on in my oh so exciting life. |
I figured a little rundown of the past year would be in order in case anyone still checks in on this and doesn't have me as a friend on facebook.
- Europe was amazing. Everything I hoped it would be. Saw pretty much everything we hoped to see, the weather in Paris was pretty bad while we were there, so we didn't get to stay out and see some things as late as we would have hoped to. It was rainy, windy and cold (in the low 40's), so after long days of being outside checking things out, and being on our feet for 12 hours a warm hotel room, a crepe from the place by our hotel and french tv before bed was usually the best option.
- Went on our annual family trip to Disney World in December where my sister told us all she was pregnant. So happy for her, she and her husband have been trying for a long time and she has wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember (She gave me homework and reading assignments when I was 3). She knows it will be a girl and her name will be Juliette Grace. I'm pretty excited to be an uncle and my wife is pretty excited to be an aunt. Due date is July 17th, so it should be an exciting summer.
- Going out east this summer. Another trip I have always wanted to take. We are flying into Boston, staying 3 nights there, renting a car and driving down the coast to Washington, D.C., staying there for 3 more nights and then driving to Baltimore for one night before flying home from there. So much fun stuff I am looking forward to seeing.
- Married life is going great. Maybe it is just because I am getting older and the whole bar scene just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to, but I am growing to appreciate the night in more. A night in with my wife or friends watching movies, having some drinks, playing games, rock band, american idol karaoke (i apologize neighborhood dogs), or just talking is more entertaining to me than trying to shout in a bar just to converse.
- My best guy friend (best man in my wedding) has a girlfriend who lives in L.A. (Mission Viejo to be exact) and has been spending a lot of time out there since being laid off. Since he is splitting his job search efforts between here and there, it makes more sense for him to stay out there since they have done the long distance thing for over a year. So I am balancing feelings of missing my friend with happiness that he gets to be with her more than he normally would, also with feelings that I've probably lost him to staying out there for good. He also has a brother, sister in law and new niece who live in Valencia, so things are adding up to look like he, pending finding a job, will be out there for the foreseeable future. He has said that he always wanted to end up back here, so we will see. If not, he said I will always have a guest room where he stays, I might be making some frequent trips to L.A.
- The job is going fine. I can't complain in this market right now, right? I am going to be starting a masters program in organizational management in the fall, so I am excited about what lies ahead with that. I like my job, but I am ready to move up.
This had ended up being longer than I had anticipated writing, so who knows, maybe I will get the lj bug back and update a little more frequently.
Until next time...